Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Michael Palin in Spa-a-a-a-ace!

If there’s one thing I don’t seem to have any shortage of its ideas.

Sometimes the ideas slow to a trickle when I’m feeling tired…

Come to think of it, a lot of my ideas come when my brain is fatigued and my body is a step above inert. Then there are other times, when I’m feeling good – rested! – and filled with that something-something that the French pegged so long ago, je ne sais quoi. Then ideas practically peel off my brain like some kind of metaphoric banana. There’s always more and more.

My main problem is that I hardly write any of them down and sometimes the ones I do write down have already been done.

I had this awesome idea for a bath toy that was basically an egg-beater shaped like an octopus that a kid in the bath could spin to froth the water and restore a flat bubble bath. Already invented! But I will say, I thought my incorporation of an octopus made for a better toy.

Last night I was watching one of the Michael Palin BBC travelogues “Hemingway Adventure” when I was struck with an idea for the next Mass Effect game. More specifically, the lead-up to the next Mass Effect.

BioWare should hire me – I’m sure they would; I played MDK 2 – to write a travelogue program focusing on the Mass Effect universe. How about a Michael Palin-like character – hell, hire Michael Palin – touring the galaxy to follow the exploits and life of “the Shepherd.”

I’m thinking it would be more cost-effective to keep the entire 6-part series computer-generated rather than go live action (though I would expect some mo-cap).

What say you, people?

No comments:

Post a Comment