Friday, June 1, 2012

Escape!


For the first time in a couple of years, I'm finally getting away from work for a proper vacation!

"Proper" mostly means not dragging myself to work, working up a frenzy during working hours, then dragging myself back home, sleep for a few hours then repeat the process. It has started to feel like a bit of a slog. Encountering "slog" is easily recognized when I have to look at a calendar or my watch to establish what day it might be. (I've been wrong on occasion.) The days blur together far too easily.

It's like driving across the prairies without coming across any buildings or elevated features to disrupt the horizon. There's no sense of distance being crossed or movement forward in time.

"Vacation" is the elevated feature here. It's a grain elevator/silo.

It's also where Time snaps into focus and distance travelled can suddenly be measured. And it's over all too soon! I plan to make every day count as much as possible and instead of driving passed the grain elevator, I'll get out and explore that grain elevator, maybe even buy some eggs from the self-serve stand to the side of the elevator, or check out the local spring/summer fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment