Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Gotham by Gaslight"


I love it when these kinds of videos "leak" out to the great gaming world. What the video above demonstrates is a tech demo for a Batman game based on a handful of DC comics published in the late '80s and early '90s.

It was prototyped by Day 1 Studios but -- and this is according to Wikipedia -- THQ cancelled the game. I wish I knew the timeline on when this was originally worked on. Does it pre-date Batman's game revival with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City? Were there guys at Day 1 that migrated to Rocksteady to work on Arkham Asylum and City? I'd love to know.

The one thing I do know is that the cape technology is crazy. In the same vein as Dead or Alive's Boob Physics, there seem to be too many ruffles, too much waving, too much motion, but you just can't take your eyes off the darn thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment