Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Star Wars: The Old Republic - knee-jerk reaction

Okay, so I'm not that deep into Star Wars: The Old Republic yet but I remember why I abandoned City of Heroes (as much as I liked it).

I'm a Level 4 cyborg smuggler and I'm not even out of the origin story yet. For the last couple of days I've been vainly attempting to get past a Level 6 robot guy. This damn thing keeps laying me out! Last night it dawned on me that I needed to head out into the surrounding area and grind out a couple of levels to reach 6 to ensure I could squash the robotic bastard. That's when City of Heroes stopped being fun for me and I was much deeper into the game than the first couple of hours. The moment it became about The Grind I lost interest.

With Old Republic I just want to explore the storylines and forget this grinding thing. Discovering your own Star Wars story certainly has an appeal for me but not when I'm frustrated this early on with the game. I'll stick it out for a while longer but my fortunes had better turn pretty damn quick or this one's getting a hyperspace jump to the Uninstalled system.

No comments:

Post a Comment